Podcast: Play in new window | Download ()
Subscribe: Android | Google Podcasts |
R. Crumb’s Record Room Pt. 7
John’s Old Time Radio Show w/ R. Crumb “Hot Women Pt. 2” Great Female Singers of the 1920’s & 30’s. Special Guest Robert Crumb plays 78 rpm records from his fabulous record collection from the South of France on John Heneghan’s Old Time Radio Show with Eden Brower.
1. Oh Ma! What A Man – Mildred Roselle (USA)
2. Cause I Feel Lowdown – Anette Hanshaw & Her Sizzling Syncoptors (USA)
3. A Little Rosewood Casket – Lulu Jackson (USA)
4. I’m Drifting From You Blues – Edna Johnson (USA)
5. Hard Working Woman – Mississippi Matilda (USA)
6. Raggedy Riley – Rosa Lee “Moonshine Kate” Carson (USA)
7. Glory To God He’s Come Home – Jepson & Donaldson (USA)
8. In The Shadow Of The Pine – Connie Sides w/ Ernest Thompson (USA)
9. The Crawley Waltz – Cleoma Falcon (Cajun)
10. Les Medecines – Madame Bolduc (French Canadian)
11. illegible – Aurore Beaule (French Canadian)
12. illegible – Rovina (Jewish)
13. “Conversation Between Two Friends” – A. Gulyayev & M. Podlatova w/ F. Filin – accordion (Russian)
14. illegible – Marie Loudon & Chernov Yadav’s Balika Band (Russian)
15. Je Vends De L’amour (I Sell Love) – Mademoiselle Alexianne & Vivian Colon w/ Orchestre Du Musette Alexander (French)
16.Nouveau Bonheur (You Brought A New Kind Of Love To Me) – Madame Kicktie (French)
R. Crumb and his Starr 78 rpm record.
drawn by R. Crumb
Cleoma & Joseph Falcon.
Hot Woman Eden Brower.
“Conversation Between Two Friends” – A. Gulyayev & M. Podlatova
sculpture in Crumb’s record room.
Rosa Lee Carson – Moonshine Kate.
R Crumb and his 78 rpm record.
Kilroy was in Crumb’s record room.